I am participating in the Write Women Book Fest Saturday, Oct. 8, with the Maryland Romance Writers. In fact, I’m the coordinator for this group of successful, professional writers and those who are well on their way to novel success.
We’ve spent a lot of time talking about what we should discuss with readers who visit our tent.
We have five panel presentations scheduled from noon to 5 p.m.
- The greatest and best romance writers. Who are your favorites? I love Nora Roberts, Beverly Jenkins and Julia Quinn–but I also have favorites among my own writer friends, such as L. Penelope and E. Elizabeth Watson and M.C. Vaughan and…you get the picture.
- World Building. While some romances could take place in a “white box” others rely on their setting, whether it’s a fantasy world or a time long ago. We’ve got some experts who will discuss how they do it.
- Romance readers love certain “tropes.” Do you love fake marriage? Secret Baby? Rags to Riches? Enemies to lovers? Second chances? We’ll talk about our favorites with readers.
- Sometimes suspense gets the heart pounding as hard as the romance. Romantic suspense authors love to talk about their heroes who have to save the world while falling in love.
- Finally, we’re going to get into the topic of heroes. Those who make us swoon. Those we fall in love with as we read.
If you are anywhere near Prince George’s County, Md., Oct. 8, plan to stop by. With music, storytelling, lots of book-related vendors and plenty of authors, it’s a book lover’s dream. It’s all free but tickets are available at Eventbrite. That alerts the organizers of the number of people planning to attend.
Hope to see you there.