Amanda likes a busy life. She always has. The main character of my new modern love story, INN BY THE LAKE, she’s a Baltimore girl now living in Philadelphia and living the life she’s planned for since, well, since she first discussed a career in the law with her grandfather.
Amanda isn’t much of a pack rat but saves only the most special things. Here are five things she values.
- Tennis racquet (or is it racket?) — She was passionate about tennis as a teenager, an ace on the high school team and an alternate on the Olympic team. She doesn’t get to play as much now but when she does, watch that mean backhand.
- Nancy Drew novel — A voracious reader, she and her sixth grade friends used to pass around their Nancy Drew mysteries and discuss them late into the night at slumber parties.
- Ocean City t-shirt — A beach fan, she and her family were on their annual vacation to Ocean City when they learned about the fire back at home. She still has the t-shirt she was wearing that day.
- Briefcase — Her grandfather presented her with a leather briefcase when she was accepted into law school. He had advised against a career in law but he was nevertheless proud of her.
- Olympic jacket — Though she never competed, her teammates thought she should have one when she was named an alternate. It still hangs in her closet, a reminder of what dedication and drive can achieve.
Champagne Book Group will publish the e-book, INN BY THE LAKE, in mid-December. The paperback will be issued early in 2021. Pre-orders are now available.
2 thoughts on “Five things—Amanda”
Im looking forward to reading this book with my hands holding the spine and my eyes anticipating the next page!
You know I like a girl taking life and living it out to the fullest. Follow your bliss!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Five things—Luke | Mary K. Tilghman writes